IYT International Bareboat Skipper
- The IYT International Bareboat Skipper course is aimed at the individual that either wants to expand his knowledge about using nautical charts and gain experience helming a boat with twin inboard engines.
- If you want to rent or drive your own boat up to 78ft this licence is essential.
- The IYT International Bareboat Skipper certificate is an international licence accepted by the majority of charter companies worldwide.
- This course is designed for an individual with some experience on yachts.
- Dual certification possible FTA BOAT DRIVING LICENSE 24 M
To receive your International Bareboat skipper qualification, you will need to complete the following:
- 4 full days or 7 evening classes comprehensive shore based theory course, including assessment papers.
- Three days practical training incl. night cruise (approx. 21 hours). You will be assessed on the final practical day.
- Training vessel is our 16 meter Sunseeker 50 PEARL
- Written theory exam
Further included benefits
- Breakfast snack, lunch or dinner (where applicable)
- Water and soft drinks
- Coffee or tea during theory
- Marine Concept T-shirt and base cap
- Training sea chart 3176 for personal use
- Portland plotter and divider and UK 5011 book can be borrowed
- During practical training we have always 2 instructors on board
- Dual certification = FTA Boat Driving License 24 Meter
Minimum Age: 18
IYT International Bareboatskipper
VHF Radio Operator licence
IYT Small Powerboat and Rib Master course or similar qualification OR
Logged 200 nautical miles on board a power vessel with a minimum of 10 days at sea